Friday, August 13, 2010

Journal for August 13, 2010

I am always surprised when a young person passes away and leave a hole in the hearts of his/her loved ones. This is an event which will need to be answered in eternity because there are no answers to this heart ache in this life. Paul says, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." This must be the great comfort for parents who loose their children too soon, but only the Lord can fill the hole in the heart.
I have many painful events in my life, but none as painful as loosing in death one of my children. Drugs, alcohol, anger, unforgiveness, resentments, fears and more earthly things cause separation in my family, but not death.
My grandmother felt it was the most painful thing in her life when my father died before she died. She has already lost two sons before my father, so she was not new to the sorrow.
We must go on, but I cannot go on unless the Lord carries me through each and every day. He is the only way I can continue in this life. Thank you Lord for always being there for me. You promised years ago that you would never leave me or forsake me. You have kept that promise and I believe you will always keep this promise to me.

No comments: